We take your privacy very seriously. This document outlines how Hamilton and Hare uses and protects any information you give when you use this website.
This website is operated by Hamilton and Hare Ltd. Registered in England and Wales No. 07807557. Hamilton and Hare is the Data Controller and can be contacted at the following address: 39 Chiltern Street, London, W1U 7PP.
You can contact us at this address or via our customer service team: firstname.lastname@example.org or + 44 (0) 203 176 4410.
Data We Collect From You:
In running and maintaining our website we may collection and process the following data about you:
1. Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
2. Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you make a purchase we gather the information we need to process your order (name, email, postal address, billing address, card number or other payment method details, contact phone number). We may also capture your technology data such as your IP address. When you first place an order online you will also be given the option to opt in for email marketing. We will only send you email marketing communications if you have opted in. You can change your preferences for email marketing at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email, or by contacting customer services.
3. Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
As with all personal data we keep all of these details securely in our systems. The exception is payment details which are collected and managed securely by our payment service provider (Shopify Payments). We do not keep a full record of your credit card, for example. We only retain the card type and the last four digits for reference.
Use of information:
When you opt in to receive marketing communications from us.
There are several ways you might do this:
- Using an online form or giving us your consent at checkout.
- Giving your details to staff instore and explicitly telling them you want to receive emails.
- When entering a competition and asking us to send you emails.
When you first sign up to emails we will send you a welcome email. You can opt out of emails marketing at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email by contacting customer services.
Opting out of marketing messages will not prevent you from receiving non marketing messages from us, for example relating to products ordered from us, responses to customer service queries etc.
Data Processors - Third Party Links and Services
In order to manage our business operations effectively we work contractually with 3rd party suppliers. Your personal data may be shared with these partners in support of our business operations, and to allow us to serve you. We have undertaken appropriate due diligence to ensure your data will be handled securely with these partners.
Global-e – online merchanted used to process our international orders
Cin 7 – stock management system that processes all orders
Royal Mail – local postage courier, used to send UK orders
Klaviyo – email marketing campaign, customers will only be contacted if they have opted in to receive our newsletter
Facebook – browser history to tailor targeted adverts
Gorgias – customer service platform, used for all customer communications
DHL – international postage courier, used for all international orders
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of other networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, responsibility or liability for these policies lies with that website. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We do not share email addresses for the purposes of 3rd party marketing opportunities unless you give us your consent to do so. If you wish to find out any further information about this programme, please contact us at email@example.com.
The information provided on the referral form is used to send you updates relating to your referral rewards. You can change your preferences at any time by using the manage consent link in the referral form or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you place an order with us online, we will send you a feedback request email even if you have not opted-in to receive email marketing. We do this so that we can improve our services to you. We will collect your name or username which will be displayed next to your comment and email address, which will not be published, but which we may use to contact you in relation to your comment.
We may use the information you give us about yourself and the information we collect via cookies when you use our online services to build up a picture of your interests. We may then use this information to try and tailor our marketing communication in the future and when you visit our website or use our online services so you don’t miss offers and information that might interest you. This information may also be used by our third party advertising agencies and networks to advertise our own products and services to you when you visit the third party website and online services. This is called advert targeting or interest-based advertising.
The information we don’t collect
Credit/Debit Card information – we use a third-party payment processor (Shopify Payments) to handle this information securely. Your credit or debit card information is not held by Hamilton and Hare. Only the credit card type and the last four digits of the 16 digit number are retained for identification purposes.
Rakuten Advertising may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links
Your Rights/Opt Out : https://rakutenadvertising.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-rights-request-form//
Further information on the cookies and tracking technologies that we use are below.
We have carefully chosen these Cookies and have taken steps to ensure that your privacy and personal data is protected and respected at all times.
- Global E - Our international shipment partner. They will process customer data to complete international orders.
- Klaviyo – Klaviyo will only process your data if you opt into our marketing communication online or instore
- Cin7 – Any order information submitted securely on this site will be securely sent through our Cin7 EPOS system.
- Google Adwords Remarketing
- Facebook Customer Audiences
- Google Analytics - provides anonymised data to allow us to understand user behaviour and marketing performance across our site.
- Hotjar - This helps us see how visitors are using our website. We collect this feedback to make improvements to the customer shopping experience.
Disclosing your information
You can edit your Hamilton and Hare account information, including your address and contact details. Once an order has been placed, to change the name, address, contact details and other details linked to existing orders, email us at email@example.com.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. You can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hamilton and Hare may update this policy at any time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to your account’s primary email address or by placing a prominent notice on our website. If we choose to send an email, you will receive the email even if you are not subscribed to our email marketing list.